Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lilrussia Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

omen hewlett-packard

Hi, im just wondering if anyone here knows how to factory reset a hp omen hewlett packard gaming laptop at all?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

Hello 

If you look under My PC you should see Windows (C: ) and Recovery (D: ).  If there is no Recovery partition you will have to buy the Recovery discs.

Please go through this guide, will help you step by step  : http://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c04497680

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14028 1326 3146
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

factory reset

lilrussia

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The general way to invoke a Recovery is to press F11 repeatedly while rebooting the laptop and eventually, HP Recovery Manager will start, and you can do the recovery from there.

However, I should warn you, that if your hard drive is corrupted, or if you Upgraded to Win10 on the laptop from a prior OS, the HP Recovery function most likely will not work.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation