cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ömer50
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fan always on (bios)

HP notebook - 15-ay085nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today i bought a HP notebook - 15-ay085nd (ENERGY STAR), and i noticed the fan stays on from the beginning, when i boot the laptop. i went into the bios and saw the option "fan always on" which was enabled. i wonder what happens when i turn this off? wil the fan still work automaticly without any disadvantages for the lapto itself? its a bit annoying that i can hear the fan whenver i dont do anything or i only watch a video on youtube?

thanks

(sorry for my bad english)

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
109,351 99,528 15,524 23,857
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fan always on (bios)

Hi:

I always disable the fan always on setting.

It will come on when needed.

0 Kudos
Ömer50
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fan always on (bios)

so today i tried to disable it, but the fan keeps blowing? (CPU is around 35/40 at idle)

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
109,351 99,528 15,524 23,857
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fan always on (bios)

It must need to run to keep the processor cool.

There must be several running processes that are contributing to the processor heating up.

Run the msconfig utility and see what programs you can disable during startup.

0 Kudos
Ömer50
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fan always on (bios)

lowest temp i got today was 35 at idle, disabled some services(dont have much installed). (offtopic) Also i noticed my ram is working on about 1000mhz while it should be 2133? speccy shows it about 1000?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation