Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (516 Views)

fan not working (HP pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment PC)bought nov 2011

hi everybody im sure we all apreciate our PC notebooks i know i do.The one problem i have is i dont trust anyone too work on my machine i payed over 1.000 dollars. I am retired now but i was a tool & die maker for over 26 yrs. i have been looking at the utubes for a while now on how to take a notebook apart.so i am wondering how much a HP replacement fan cost. i did the test dianostic for hard disk and all it says it Passed. therre are a bunch of test i only did the hard disk test should i do them all get back with me please.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (509 Views)

Re: fan not working (HP pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment PC)bought nov 2011

I paid $30,000 for my car but I trust the dealer to work on it because I know their mechanics do it every day. I could watch youtube videos and figure out how to do a tuneup but they will do it better. I will change my own air filter however since it is not too hard and will save money. Replacing a cooling fan is more like a tuneup than replacing an air filter. Still, you can do it if you follow the Manual and are careful. Here is the Manual:

Manual

This is the part number for your fan and heatsink:

641477-001

$63 from HP:

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=11C544B95DEB4BC6A0D99C14917258C7&Searc...

$20 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-HP-Pavilion-DV6-6000-DV7-6000-CPU-Fan-650797-001-641477-001-665309-0...

I would go ahead and run all the diagnostic tests you can access by tapping F2 and entering UEFI Diagnostics. Other than the fan what other problems are you having?

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation