Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem since I bought my laptop which is that the fans spin and is loud when it is charging, even when all windows are closed it spins. The laptop is up to date 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alex_sanchez

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there's noise coming out of your HP 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did you attempt updating BIOS?

While you respond to that, here's what you may want to do:

Updating your Notebook computer BIOS

Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean

Electrical components inside the computer generate heat while the computer is running. This heat can increase to the point where sensitive electronic components are damaged.

Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat

If you have a lot of software open on your computer, your computer works harder and generates more heat. Reduce the amount of heat by increasing the efficiency of your computer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Indeed all is up to date but there has not been año improvement
HP Recommended

Hi @Alex_sanchez,

I have reviewed the post comprehensively. You've done a remarkable job of troubleshooting and have shown great resilience to try and get the issue resolved. Kudos to you on that score. As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office today, I am taking over from here.

Please run component tests on all computer components predominantly the fan from this link:http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 please perform all the steps from this option " Running the UEFI Component Tests" If any component fails please make a note of the failure code and then contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

T

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.