Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NasKr Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

fingerprint reader is not working

Hi guys, this is my first post here.

I just bought an HP ENVY a week ago, and everything was working fine till I updated the fingerprint reader and now it isn't working anymore.

I can't set up the login by Windows Hello, it always says that I'm not scanning properly and flashes with a red light, but the thing that worries me the most is that the light on the sensor turns on and off even when it's not supposed to. For example: I open a new tab on Chrome and it goes on and off for like two minutes. Yesterday it went on and off all the time. This obviously this drains out my battery, so I wonder what could I do to solve this. 

The problems started when I updated it.

Thank you for your attention.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15987 1269 2179
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

fingerprint reader is not working

@NasKr
Welcome to the HP Forums :)

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the fingerprint reader doesn't work,

don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

Here's a related post with a similar issue that seems to have helped others: Click here 
(Although the header may be different, the steps will solve your concern as well).

Step two: Follow the below steps:

• Update the BIOS
  • Enable biometric support
  • Check for Windows support
  • Clean the fingerprint reader
  • Update the device driver
  • Update the fingerprint reader software
  • Find new device drivers if you changed operating systems

For more details information: Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you. 
 If they did, that’s awesome! 
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation