Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Setsu Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fn key not working for adjusting the screen brightness

Fujitsu Zbook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading the OS to windows 10, the fn keys (f9 and f10) for adjusting the screen brightness are not working. I have already updated the driver of the keyboard to the latest version and there is no problem in ajusting the screen brightness in the display setting panel. Please help.

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16380 1315 2235
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

fn key not working for adjusting the screen brightness

@Setsu

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the Fn keys to increase or decrease the brightness isn't working and you need a way to fix this issue,

Here's is a post related to the same concern you have, I suggest you check this as well: Click here

It's good that you've already re-install & updated the system event utility driver as that's the most common interface for the function keys, however, there are a few other things you do as well,

Starting with updating the video adapters using the device manager and/or the HP Support assistant

Click the Start button, then click Run . 
2.In the Run window, next to Open , type MSCONFIG . 
3.Press the ENTER key. 
4.In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab. 
5.On the Startup tab, under Startup Item , ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox. 

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the HotKey Utility application by clicking here

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation