cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

form win 10 to win 7

HP Recommended
hp 14-am000ne
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi

i have hp 14-am000ne with win 10.  I need to change it to win 7 ??? how???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

i have hp 14-am000ne with win 10.  I need to change it to win 7 ??? how???

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@smart-pc,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need help in downgrading the factory shipped OS (Windows 10) to Windows 7. resolution.

I recommend you not to, as you won’t find most of the drivers for the PC from HP,

which leads to a lot of hardware detection issues. If you still wish to do so, it will be your sole discretion as well.

Hope this fixes the issue. Please share the update of the solution provided.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
28,245 28,167 2,578 6,164
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

smart-pc

To further expand on what you have been told ...

You have two major issues if you attempt a Win7 "downgrade".

First, the new hardware present in Win10 PCs does not have WIn7 drivers, and HP is not writing such drivers for the new PCs.  This means you will be stuck with the generic drivers that Microsoft installs, and not only do these provide only the most basic functions, if you have any specialized hardware on your PC (which is often the case with video and audio chipsets),the drivers that MS installs will not work.  This means you run the risk of being left without fully functional video and audio -- which pretty much renders the laptop useless!

Second, you have no "downgrade rights" from win10 to Win7, and that means you will have to PURCHASE a license from MS to use Win7.  If you do not do that, after 30 days, your Win7 laptop will start to lock up, rendering it useless.

Sorry ... but if you wanted a Win7 laptop, you should have purchased a Win7 laptop.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation