cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rojo124
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

gel like screen

HP Recommended
HP 2000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Okay, this may sound like a strange question but I bought an HP 2000 laptop recently.  The screen looks fine but when you touch it, it has a gel like feel and looks like there is water behind the screen, but a fingerprint touch that  gives it a bubble like look immediately disappears once the finger is removed. The screen looks perfect and works fine but I am puzzled. Is it some sort of plastic screen I am unaware of? If you put your finger on the screen and move it around, it streaks with the finger. Makes sense?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,811 454 848
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Rojo124

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you have concerns about your notebook display. I am happy to help you with this.

What you are seeing is the normal behavior of an LCD type display.  I have included a page from wikipedia to help explain how it works. I realize that much of it is very technical, but it should help explaining what you are seeing.

Liquid-crystal display -wikipedia.org

The following should not apply to you, but again I include it for information.

About LCD Panel Defects and Terminology for HP Pavilion or Compaq Presario Notebook PCs

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,811 454 848
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Rojo124

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you have concerns about your notebook display. I am happy to help you with this.

What you are seeing is the normal behavior of an LCD type display.  I have included a page from wikipedia to help explain how it works. I realize that much of it is very technical, but it should help explaining what you are seeing.

Liquid-crystal display -wikipedia.org

The following should not apply to you, but again I include it for information.

About LCD Panel Defects and Terminology for HP Pavilion or Compaq Presario Notebook PCs

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

Rojo124
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!!!! That answered my question.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation