Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cant install Windows 7/8/Vista on my Laptop, the OS cant find drives, i also tried to install Linux, it has the same issue of not finding a drive.

I contacted the manufacturer of the Hard Drive, they said they sold to HP as OEM hence HP changed the firmware and the like for the hard drive. My hard drive serial number is [edited by Moderator]. Please guide me where to download the drivers for the hard drive and the firmware as well.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try this...

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 32 or 64 bit as applicable).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23060&keyword=Intel+Rapi...

Extract the files onto a usb flash drive.

With the flash drive and W7/8 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and hopefully, W7/8 should install.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

I managed to download the drivers and extracted to usb disk. I did load dirver, windows managed to see the driver, but it coudnt go beyond this stage. May be the issue is the hard disk itself because when I go to command prompt it shows X:\sources, no other drives are shown.

its also shows 3FO error

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That code indicates your new HDD is DOA.

Do you have another HDD you can test?

If the new hard drive isn't DOA, then the drive controller on the motherboard is shot.

HP Recommended

Hi @kakamaye ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

Its not a new hard drive, its an old one. when I run diagnostic test on it, it says

Long dst is not installed

Small dst is not installed

Now am giving up, I will have to go for a new one.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks George for the information, next time I will not post any personal information

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sounds like the drive is toast indeed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.