Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Digvijay1 Tutor
Tutor
20 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

harddisk sound

hp pavilion 15-au114tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is working fine.But i heard only a sparking type of sound.when i contact the technical person he says that it is a hard disk sound ,and it is normal.so my question is ,is it correct that some noise will be there in laptop hdd.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1239
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

harddisk sound

Dear Customer,

Without hearing the sound it is hard to judge but it does not sound like a hard drive from your description. Hard drive noise is usually a rhythmic "click" not a sustained "whirr". That kind of noise comes from a cooling fan. We can test the hard drive in the BIOS.

Here is a link to  test the harddrive  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)  

If  issue remains. and if this is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support again for further assistance. Contact HP Support.

You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation