cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JimmyTheBoss Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hdmi not working windows 10

HP Pavilion 11-n010TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since upgrading my HP Pavilion laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my HDMI port has not worked at all. It was working fine previously.

I have been searching for a resolution for a few months now and been unable to find one.

Every time I try to upgrade my Intel Graphics driver via the HP site it states "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Any help would be brilliant as I need my laptop for presentations at work and it is almost useless to me now!

**bleep** you Windows 10!!! 😞

Spoiler

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
104649 95200 14666 22550
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hdmi not working windows 10

Hi:

I explored the driver folder and the driver listed on the support page for your notebook seems to support the Pentium N graphics your notebook has, so I am at a loss as to why the driver doesn't work.

See if this works...If you have deleted the driver folder, download and run the driver again. 

Close out of any error windows.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp72369.exe

Go to the device manager and click to expand the display adapters device category.

Click on the Intel display adapter listed there (or the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter if that is what you see).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp72369.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

If that doesn't work try installing the W8.1 graphics driver.

This package provides the driver that enables the IntelHigh-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. If high-definition multimediainterface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package alsoinstalls the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp65413.exe

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation