Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rdrunna Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

heatsink part number for D1C68UA that has AMD A10-4600M processor

Envy M6-1205DX SN [edited]
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

May need to replace heatsink. PC is doing thermal shutdown message when I turn it back on after I see that my computer has shutdown on it's own. I have the FAN part number 686901-001, and the processor part number I believe is: 683046-001, but when I go to find the heatsink part number, it asks if I have AMD processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete memory or UMA memory and truth be told, I don't know the answer. Don't want to get the wrong part for replacement of the heatsink if that is even necessary. It just may be the fan, but want to have all my ducks in a row before I proceed. Can someone please help? I tried to twitter it, but my twitter account has been compromised and thought this would be the best next way to get help. Thank you in advance..... Anxious IT person....

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @rdrunna,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.

I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY m6-1205dx Notebook and concerns with what replacement parts to use. Your system has a 2.3GHz up to 3.2GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor and AMD Radeon HD 7660G Discrete-Class graphics. Here is a listing to you product page, if you need it.

Please let me know how this goes.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
rdrunna Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need the part numbers for the heatsink and fan please.... Can someone confirm what the part numbers are? Thank you. The link given I already was able to identify.... I appreciate the confirmation on that, but I need the specific part numbers for the fan and the heatsink, so that I can order accordingly and get this computer to work. It is getting worse and keeps shutting down. Can't afford to be without. Thank you......

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37043 5588 9632
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have AMD Radeon HD 7660G Discrete-Class graphics which is not discrete but UMA so you need this heat-sink:

For use only on computer models equipped with an AMD processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA memory 687230-001

All models use the same fan:

Fan (includes cable) 686901-001

The problem is not likely to be the heatsink since it is a piece of metal plates and tubes and not prone to failure (if the tubes are not kinked or vent fins bent), but not too expensive and if you really feel the need you can replace it. Do reseat it and use good thermal compound properly applied if you are not going to replace it. 

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-M6-Heatsink--687230-001/dp/B01F47AUR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14630...

http://www.amazon.com/m6-1002xx-m6-1035dx-m6-1045dx-m6-1048ca-m6-1058ca/dp/B00GYP19ZK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation