Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
adel2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how can i create partition recovery ?

elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

please how can i create recovery partition again ??

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
74064 73954 9005 19387
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

No available tool for you to create Recovery partition again. You need to bring your machine back to Factory settings using HP Recovery media from HP.

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/bph07143

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
adel2 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there any way to create it manually ??

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15471 15416 1440 3423
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If by that you mean, create a partition on the drive that the HP Recovery Manager will use -- sorry, NO.

What you CAN do is do an image backup to an external drive, and recover from that -- if needed.

My suggestion, is if you want to create recovery media for Win10, then consider using a third-party solution known as Macrium Reflect (MR). 

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 10 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore. Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry. This allows you then to boot into WinPE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation