cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vrbagger
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

how do I keep my laptop from going into sleep mode

HP Recommended
ZBook17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I keep my computer from going into sleep mode. Right now the screen goes blank in about one minute. I have adjusted all of the power settings but nothing seems to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkjohnson92
Level 6
Level 6
419 413 26 47
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry that none of those steps seemed to resolve your issue, that is frustrating. Here are a few more items you can try to see if the issue is resolved or changes in some manner:

1. Install/upgrade antivirus application and definitions, and run a virus scan in Windows to verify there are no viruses or malware
  2. Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows
  3. Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep
  4. Try another power source

If you need instructions on how to perform any of these tasks, please see the following document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935#AbT2

Thanks!

I work for HP, However, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
12 REPLIES 12
mkjohnson92
Level 6
Level 6
419 413 26 47
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

It sounds like you have already changed some display settings which is good, here is a document that might have other settings that need to be adjusted:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03397760

Good luck!!

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Vrbagger
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I looked at the file and it appears that I have already tried everything. My screen simply goes blank after two minutes with no activity and requires me to enter my password when it wakes up.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Vrbagger

mkjohnson92
Level 6
Level 6
419 413 26 47
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry that none of those steps seemed to resolve your issue, that is frustrating. Here are a few more items you can try to see if the issue is resolved or changes in some manner:

1. Install/upgrade antivirus application and definitions, and run a virus scan in Windows to verify there are no viruses or malware
  2. Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows
  3. Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep
  4. Try another power source

If you need instructions on how to perform any of these tasks, please see the following document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935#AbT2

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Vrbagger
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just ran a complete in depth scan and everything is OK.

Hybrid sleep was never enabled.

Disabled password requirement when resuming from sleep.

Still had the problem so I unplugged and went on battery. Still goes to sleep in aprox 2 min.

I am wondering if there isn't a setting in the computer itself?

Thanks for trying.

Vrbagger

chapow1
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vrbagger,

Have you had any luck resolving this issue yet?  I'm having the exact same problem & can't seem to find a solution either.  It's almost as if something is overriding the sleep/hibernation mode settings..........

chapow1
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just solved it!

My problem was a power issue.  I plugged the power adaptor into a different outlet & the issues went away. 

chrispy128
Level 1
4 4 0 3
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and nothing I tried, fixed the problem, every forum I went to had a different solution, none of which actually worked . . . I finally discovered that if I went onto the personalize page on my desktop, I could set my monitor to "never" for sleep mode and my computer also to "never" this worked and all I do is turn my montior off (manually) at night. Now my computer is always ON.

chrispy128
Level 1
4 4 0 3
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go onto the 'personalize' page on the desktop, switch the screen saver to "never" and swith the computer to "never" on sleep mode, you computer will stay on.

chrispy128
Level 1
4 4 0 3
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go into 'personalize' on your desktop and find screen settings change the setting to "never" on screen saver and change the computer to "never" on sleep mode, your computer will stay on.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation