Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to get my pictures uploaded from my android phone to my hp laptop computer and I don't know how to do it please someone help me.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi pennymrosenthal,

What part of the process are you stuck on? And what version of Windows are you using?

Typically, smartphones come with a data cable (it may double as a charging cable), with a USB connector on one end and a smaller connector (often microUSB) on the other. You would connect the small end of the cable to the phone, and plug the USB connector into an open port on your notebook.

Make sure that MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode is enabled in your phone's settings. It should be enabled by default.

Once your phone is connected to the notebook, it should appear as a removable storage device or portable device on your computer. (For example, in Windows 7, if you go to Start > Computer, you should see the phone listed.) Double-click on the device, and navigate to the files you want to upload, then copy them to your computer.

I hope this helps -- if you need more detail, please let me know your version of Windows, what phone you're using, and any other relevant information so I can refine my response to your specific situation.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

I really appreciate the help you provided in this forum.  However, it would have been helpful had I known that I needed to install a driver for my phone.  Took me some  time to figure that out.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

I just bought an HP laptop windows 8 and I am trying to transfer my photos from my tablet. I tried using a usb cable but nothing woud pop up on my laptop! HELP PLEASE.

HP Recommended

If you want to upload wirelessly (i.e. avoid USB), with just an app on your phone, this works:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ioxis.ian.pcphotoupload

HP Recommended

I just bought a hp comp with windows 10 and im trying to add my pictures from my samsung gal, ph to it. I tried useing the cord and I could view the pics but could not figure out how to upload them to the comp, never had this problem with any other comp. help!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @11ambermist,

When you view the phone photos on your computer, can you select them and copy/paste them over to a folder on your computer? Ctrl+A will select all photos in a folder, or you can use your mouse to select individual files/groups of files. Press Ctrl+C to copy the files. Create a new folder, open it, and then press Ctrl+V to paste the copied files into the new folder (or, if you want to delete the originals from your phone, use Ctrl+X to cut and Ctrl+V to paste).

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

How to upload photos from an Android to HP laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.