cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yebinkim1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

how do i factory reset on my laptop?

HP Recommended
hp envy x360 m6 convertible m6

i have the hp envy x360 m6 convertible m6-w103dx . i got this laptop few days ago. on the first day of trying this laptop out, the screen suddenly turned black . i didnt know what to do, so i just pressed the power button hoping that it would be normal again when i turn t back on. but that was not the case. when i turned my laptop on, the screen was black, and the caps lock was blinking. it was blinking in a pattern too. it blinked slow 3 times and fast 5 times and it kept repeating the blinking pattern. i searched on youtube how to factory reset laptops and most people did it when their laptop was turned on. but i cant do that because i cant even turn my laptop on. as soon as i turn my laptop on, my screen is black, and the caps lock automatically starts blinking in a pattern. please help! even if i dont have to factory reset, what should i do?

and by the way, i did try to press the f11. i even pressed f8, f10, and f12, but none of those worked!! please help 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,727 30,634 2,796 6,753
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello yebinkim1 ;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the capslock blinking problem and wanted to help.

Suggest you read through the linked thread and follow the instructions in the section dealing with LEDs near CAPS Lock Blink:  HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
HatimAb
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello everyone,

I just had the same issue with my x360 convertible pic 13-u002ne.

I was watching a movie yesterday as usual on my recently purchased laptop and woke up to the the fact that it's not wanting to start off anymore. The power button turns on but the Caps Lock emits a blinking in the same pattern 3 slow blinks then 5 fast ones, with a black screen.

I checked the link communicated above for blink/beeps troubleshooting but it doesn't show anything regarding my pattern.

I opened the laptop and removed the battery, the CMOS battery and the Ram, then put them all back again but nothing changed.

During the startup process, I tried pressing on various buttons and combinaisons to reset my bios but nothing seemed to work since all throughout my screen is always black.

Any support would be highly appreciated.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation