Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Some how I turned off the touch pad/mouse thing and can't figure out how to turn it back on. Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi dolley:

Thank you for your request.  I am pleased to help!

When posting it is most helpful if you provide the model of your computer and what Operating system you are running.  I understand you accidentally turned off the Touchpad., and would now like to enable it. I am sending you a link to a page for  touchpad. You will need to select the one for your operating system click here. You should also be able to enable it,  following these steps. Click the Start button, and type in Mouse. Click on  Mouse to open it, click on Device Settings. You should be able to enable and disable the Touchpad here. 

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

108 REPLIES 108
HP Recommended
hi,

probably you accidentally touch upper left corner of touch pad, please dobule tap again on upper left corner of your touch pad, also you'll see orange led light when touch pad disabled.

This solution not for all models HP laptops, please let me know if it's helps and write your laptop model.
Regards,

BBot
HP Recommended

Thanks!! It work! I feel a little dumb! That was way too easy ! Ilaptop is a Pavilin  g7 

HP Recommended
You are Welcome )
Regards,

BBot
HP Recommended

my laptop model is dv6 g005tu and its mouse back light is turned off

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, however the double click on left top corner did not turn it back on.  Also no light indicator is showing to tell me that it is off.  Also, the right & left buttons work- just not the pad itself.  HP pavilion dm4-3090se.  Please help!! Have to be plugged in to use another keyboard, defeats the purpose of having the laptop!!

HP Recommended

Can you help me with the same problem?? when i turn on my laptop, the touchpad doesn't work at all..even if i double tap the button and the red light comes on and turn it off again, it doesnt work..it only works when i go to the touchpad screen and click ok..is there any way i can use the touchpad without having to go to settings every time i turn on my laptop?? thanks for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi BBot,

It worked on my 65b0b machine, thanks!

HP Recommended

@JakeGill wrote:

Some how I turned off the touch pad/mouse thing and can't figure out how to turn it back on. Please help me!

HP Recommended

I have the same model and same issue, did you ever get it resolved?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.