Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Have you tried double tapping the top left hand corner of the touch pad?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Spoiler
jhjh
HP Recommended

:heart:hpffb

HP Recommended
That solved the problem, thanks!
HP Recommended
sir i have hp2000 note book pc
my touchpad stoped working after connecting usb mouse.
when i remove usb mouse pointing arrow is disappeared.no left and right button of touch pad working.
i have all ready installed the touch pad driver.

thanks in advance.....
HP Recommended

Hello zegs1991,

I see that you have an issue with the touch pad on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows you how to find that information.

If you plug the USB mouse back in does the pointer come back?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

my laptop model is hp pavillion g6 and no matter how many times i double tap or press funtion and spacebar it doesn't work... i cant lock my touch pad...

HP Recommended

Hello ginnie14,

I see that you are having problems with the touch-pad on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
PRODUCT NAME: HP PAVILLION G6 NOTEBOOK PC

PRODUCT NUMBER: B8Y29EA#ABV
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

How long have you been having the problem? I would suggest running a system restore to an earlier date. Here is a link showing how to run a system restore. Select the option "Restoring Windows to an earlier time".

If you don't have a restore point or if that doesn't work you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the touch-pad drivers. Here is a video showing how to do that.

Let me know what happens.

Signature

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.