Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I was in the middle of using my system an next thing u know the symbol showed on the screen an the light on the touch pad came on. So how do u get that back on.

HP Recommended
The little light on the keypad of my ProBook is orange. I must have turned it off.
HP Recommended
Yes, it worked. I was trying to touch it, but I needed to lightly double click as you said which turned off the light and now the mouse works. Thank you!
HP Recommended

One day mouse was working fine and now won't work.  New batteries, has a light showing but won't work.  Touch pad  still works.  This is a HP Pavilion Entertainment  PC.

HP Recommended

@JakeGill wrote:

Some how I turned off the touch pad/mouse thing and can't figure out how to turn it back on. Please help me!

iown a viao laptop. Somehow iturned off the touch pad off.how do i turn it back on

HP Recommended

hp probook 4320s still not working

HP Recommended

Hello I am having the same problem, which makes it very difficult to deal with my Microsoft word.  My PC is a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much!!!
HP Recommended

I too experience this annoying problem occasionally, and have no idea what I've done to trigger it.  When it happens, I get an alert on the screen and the orange light to the left of the touchpad lights up.  No amount of tapping on the orange light seems to work, although I haven't tried a careful double-tap.  I usually press the power key once, then press it again and I get back to where I was with the touchpad working.  

So, what causes this?  And how can it be prevented?

I have a Pavilion dv7 with Windows 7 Home Premium; my touch pad is Synaptics Touchpad V8.1.

HP Recommended

HI

Great !

it works . Thanks for the help 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.