cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

how do i unlock my hp laptops keyboard

Hey, I've read a lot on this issue.  I have a HP Pavilion g7 and I'm almost sure this will work for you too.  My keyboard was locked.  When I went into my Control Panel, clicked on Hardware and Sounds, in Devices and Printers click on Device Manager, then click on view to show hidden devices.  Now look at your keyboard to see if it's locked.  If it's locked, like mine was, I closed all my windows, unplugged AC adapter, took battery out and and held down power button for 30 seconds.  You may have to do it twice but it will reboot your keyboard.  This way you will not have to System Restore your computer and lose everything.  It worked for me, hope it works for you.  Later Gater. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation