cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

how to connect hp printer to chromebook

HP Recommended

Hi,i need help on how to connect my hp printer deskjet 1000  j110a to my chromebook. Is it possible? can someone give me an instructions on how to do it? thanks

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,220 86,105 10,947 23,511
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following setup:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1069693?hl=en

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it possible to connect a HP office jet H470 by hard wire to the chrome book?  Please give step by step instructions  Thanks  nems

Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Nems,

To connect a HP office jet H470 by hard wire to the Chrome Book. Please try the following steps:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1069693?hl=en

It will give you step by step.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The page you pointed to says:

Don't try to plug your printer into your Chromebook--it won't work!

so your instructions to "try the following steps" is not very helpful!

That page is a pretty authoritative source for the right answer: it can't be done. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have a hp 3512 and a chrome book lap top

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This video is WAY more helpful than the HP website, and the Chrome support link.  Hope it helps you.

http://youtu.be/3ijOhaoI76c

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am trying to connect my acer chromebook to my hp printer by using wifi and need instructions please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 5
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All these solutions have been useless, because they fail to take into account the problem. Is there any way of connecting a hp printer to a chromebook WITHOUT the use of another device, if I had another device that could connect to the printer I wouldn't need to connect the printer to the chromebook.

Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I completely agree with you.... I don't have another devise either so again.... same question

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation