cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yogi_148
Level 1
8 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

how to find the window 8.1 product key

HP Recommended
Hp 15 r206tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello everyone,

i recently purchased a notebook with window 8.1 and created an window recovery disk but due to some problem i got the DOA letter for this device and get a new laptop ,i want to know that now i have to create copy of recovery disk again or last recovery disk that i had made with last laptop had same operating system will work

please suggest me

i have one more question how can i find the product key of optrating system installed on my laptop..

thanks and regard

Yogi

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,873 91,754 11,844 25,303
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The key is in the BIOS of your machine, please use the following tool to get it:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

When run this tool, it produces a report, scroll down to Software Management section. Windows 8 or 8.1 product key is in there.

You can also use the following tool to find out:

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Using other set: For a SAME series, this may work.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

yogi_148
Author
Level 1
8 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

i have one question more, i purchased my hp laptop two months ago and created recovery disk using recovery manger but after few days i got the DOA for my  laptop due to some technical reasons  now i want to know that weather  i have to make fresh recovery disk with this system also or last recovery disk that i have made with last laptop will work on this system...

waiting for your reply..

thanks

Yogi

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation