Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i replaced the motherboard on my compaq mini 110 now  it wont boot and says serial number not found in red and i cant get into bios how can i fix this or do i have too let hp do it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to take your notebook to an authorized HP repair center so they can "tattoo" the BIOS with the model number and serial number with the DMI tool.

That tool is not available to the public.

Paul

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to take your notebook to an authorized HP repair center so they can "tattoo" the BIOS with the model number and serial number with the DMI tool.

That tool is not available to the public.

Paul

HP Recommended

sir i spoke to some, well a very bad telephone rep who told me that i would be charged $200.00 plus us $ this very bad telephone rep continued to tell me that i would be charged for a new mother boared even when i explained to him that the motheroard is good and it only takes 3mins to fix this problem. the price altogether would be the price of a new computer even more than what was paid for this computer.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that it will cost that much to progam the serial number.

I would see if a local computer shop where you live can help, or refer you to a place that can do this.

$200 is very unreasonable.

Paul

HP Recommended

thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know if you were able to get the S/N programmed at a local shop for a reasonable price.

I'm thinking more like $10 is about right!

Paul

HP Recommended

ok do you know any in my area that does this. 11413  Queens NY

HP Recommended

Hi:

No, I don't.  I'm from Joisey, but now live in Illinois.

Been to Queens many times back, in the day.  Can you still go over the QB Bridge for free?

I miss the NY style pizza. I go home once a year for my pizza "fix."

Let your fingers do the walking thru the yellow pages, is my only recommendation (or online).

"HP computer repairs," is how I would search by.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank you man. i really have no idea if the brige is free or not dont really use it sorry. hope you get your pizza soon

HP Recommended

hi

when i press powerbotton see screen stay 1/2 secend and restert and seen red color error seriel number not found.how can i solve it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.