cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

how to recover deleted windows 7 from hp pavilion g4-1220 se notebook pc

HP Recommended

I have formatted my original windows 7 home basic 64 bit from hp pavilion g4-1220 se notebook pc by mistake. I have windows key labeled at the bottom of my pc. I do not have backup CDs or any flash to recover that windows. I have installed a pirated windows 7 and my windows recovery manager is not working as well.

Please help how to recover my original windows back.

Thanks and regards,

Imran

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
9,487 9,432 1,671 4,702
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the "HP Recovery" partiton still exists on the hard drive, please use the Windows Disk Management Console to mark or set the HP Recovery partition as active. Please see HP - Partitioning and Naming Hard Drives (Windows 7) for information about using the Windows Disk Management Console.

Disk_Manage_Active.png

When you first setup your computer you should have created your HP Recovery Media. If the above proceed doesn't work and you didn't previously create your HP Recovery Media, please contact official HP Customer Support in your region / country, via the HP Worldwide Support Portal, to see if HP Recovery Media is available for your computer.

Alternatively, if you can still read the 25-digit Windows product key on the Microsoft COA affixed to the bottom the computer, you can install Windows 7 using this key. Please see "How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc" for instructions on how to download Windows 7, create the installation media, and install Windows 7 using the 25-digit product key from the Microsoft COA on your computer. Using this method will not install any HP customizations or value-added software and you will have to manually install all needed drivers.

Links to Windows 7 SP1 can be found HERE and HERE.

Link to "ei.cfg Removal Utility". The "ei.cfg Removal Utility" is a simple tool that will remove the ei.cfg  from any Windows ISO disc image, thereby converting the image into a "universal disc". Using this tool will allow you select Windows Home Basic during the installation.

Direct link to Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool.

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion g4-1220se Notebook Computer. According the the specs this model shipped from the factory with Windows 7 Home Basic 64bit installed. Most Windows 7 driver can be found on the HP Pavilion g4-1220se Notebook PC Drivers page. Please post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" (just the string of text, please) for all remaining missing or unknown devices, as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just red the solution given by you, did not implement yet but i hope it will work.

thank you so much for your support.

Imran

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I lost my HP recovery drive. I am not more expert in computer. So plz help me to install windows using my product key.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation