cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CW15
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to restore data from CD/DVD disks after warranty repair

HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently had to send in this unit for warranty replacement of the hard drive.  With new hard drive none of my previous data was on it.  I did back prior to sending in the unit.  How do I restore the information, such has files and pictures on the computer?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,697 4,425
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

May be this would help:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03270359

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
CW15
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not find this reply helpful.  I am sorry for that.  I am not that computer literate.  What I did a while back was to have send in this laptop for warranty service.  Before I did that I put back up on DVD/CD discs in the E drive.  It was not an external hard drive.  I need to know how to restore from discs on this computer in simple and direct terms.  Thank you for any help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,697 4,425
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It depends on which method you followed to do back up in the first place

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation