Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq nx6120
Microsoft Windows XP

when i power on my note book the a dialoge box is show that power on password...it is need a bios password..but when i ennter  key,P_20170327_111449.jpg the key is not working cause key has been lock only enter key is working,,so ,now how to unlock bios password  and working on my note book compaq nx6120,,,,,,,,pls help...........

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@sanjib2

Remove the RTC/CMOS and let it sit for a few minutes.

HP Compaq nx6120 Notebook PC - FRU Remove/Replace Videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=457951&MEID=99CBDA18-840F-4B60-9BBD-B1574F91BA9D

Click on Real-Time Clock Battery.

REO

HP Recommended

only battery should be open or plug willbe unplaged?

HP Recommended

@sanjib2

Remove AC and main battery before taking laptop apart and removing the RTC/BIOS battery.

REO

HP Recommended

rtc/bios battery sholud be change or not?

HP Recommended

@sanjib2

No need to change it.

Just remove it and let it set awhile.

Then install the battery and see if that removed the password.

REO

HP Recommended

problem is still now...

nothing to change .........pls tell me what should i do?

HP Recommended

@sanjib2

So you removed the main battery and the RTC/BIOS battery and no change???

REO

HP Recommended

nohing to solve anything....

the dialogue  bok still show

so what i do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.