Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (6,467 Views)

hp 2000 ; error code 0x0000185

what is error 0x0000185?how can i solve it?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (6,435 Views)

Re: hp 2000 ; error code 0x0000185

[ Edited ]

Hi Wakwakirat,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP 2000 Notebook and getting an error 0x0000185. Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices while troubleshooting. Here is a document to perfom a hard reset.

If that does not help and you have done some updates that might be causing this issue a system restore might help this.  Here is a link to system restore. Please select the option that indicates System Restore fails to create a restore point or fails to restore.

If that does not help try to repair the operating system F2  System Diagnostics on startup.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (5,676 Views)

Re: hp 2000 ; error code 0x0000185

Hi,

Go to BIOS.. and disable Legacy support.

Refrence.jpg

Press F10 to Save and exit.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation