cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ospina1
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

hp 4320t

HP Recommended
HP 4320T
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Ok, so i picked up this 4320T at a yardsale as the gentleman bought it used and found out it had a different type of system (embedded OS) so he sold it for a dirt cheap $20....... i had the same reaction when i started it and tried to load windows 7 on it..... hard drive was a whopping 4gb SSD and i know nothing about embedded systems. Ya, that got yanked out and replaced with a 240gb SSD, loaded it up with 4gb of ram, this is a litle powerhouse, i went to crucial and found out the board will take 8gb of ram so that will be here friday (yes i know the max spec says 4gb i even found a couple of units for sale that have 8gb loaded and are running).

My question is now i have found a few threads of some changing out the CPU on these 4320T for an i3 and some even the i5. is this possible. the socket is a 989 rPGA, would the bios even be compatible. I know its pretty hard to tweak a laptop but for $20 what can happen but experience. Any info would be great.

FYI, I had no issues getting the drivers for this to run windows 7,

i got the lan driver and let windows 7 update all day long, i had to locate the touchpad driver but its up and working now everything else either intel or microsoft and im a little happy camper for $20, the 8gb DDR3 12800 of ram coming was only $45 so i know if it doesnt accept it i can sell it and get the money out of it. Im just curious if anybody has had any luck loading a i3 or i5

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Omar-E
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 423
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ospina1 

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
Ospina1
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you Omar
0 Kudos
Ospina1
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So memory came, ddr3 8gb 12800 it startsup windows 7 in motion/rotation and thats it no more movement/motion like its paused For about 20min so i powered off. So no , 8gb dont work........but.... why didnt it blue screen If the ram wasnt compatible?
0 Kudos
Ospina1
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is just in case somebody else is looking to upgrade their HP 4320t as i have, i did my research. found the chipset onboard (Socket 989 rPGA, HM57 chipset) and did a cpu compatible with chipset...... this little thing is humming. great little find. So here are my upgrades on this

Intel Core i5 CPU M 560 @ 2.67GHz, 

DDR3 4gb 12800

SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD

Bluetooth module

Enjoy, 

0 Kudos
KENTOY
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thanks bro. really a great help for me.... are there any compatible core i series processors you tried? i also joined these forum and ask one of the xperts here and he said i can upgrade upto 8gb of ram and i cannot upgrade my processor.. but i was surprised that it was a lie.. omg thanks for the answer i am also using a windows 7 professional sp1 64 bit. bro by the way is your OS support 64 bits? then maybe you can have a 8gb ram for your laptop. i will do my xperiments to.... need to find g1 series of processors.... kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation