Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15- ba052au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello

I purchased the above product specifically for the purpose of handling stock market analyst software  -   Optuma  by Market Analyst.

The specification for the Market Analyst Software is:

CPU :   Intel Pentium 4-HT 2.8 GHz or AMD equivalent

RAM:  4 GB

Hard Drive:  50 MB - 1GB

Video Card:  Series 5xxx or higher. - minimum of 512 MB of dedicated memory

The specification of the HP Notebook - 15 -ba052au is as follows:

CPU:  AMD Quad-Core-A6-7310 APU (2GHz up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB cache)

RAM: 8GB DDRR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 X 8 GB)

Hard Drive:  128GB M.2 SSD

Video Card: AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

The question I have is :

Will my HP notebook above be able to manage the Market Analyst Specification especially around

the INTEL CPU of 2.8 GHz. and the HP Notebook AMD equivalent ?

Thank You?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only spec that I am not sure about is the R4 graphics.

Look in the system information window and see if the graphics memory is 512 MB.

If it is, you should be fine.

The processor is much more powerful than a Pentium 4 processor with hyperthreading or AMD equivalent.

HP Recommended

Thank You.

I shall check on the R4 Graphics card

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You will probably be fine with the graphics even if it isn't 512 MB dedicated, because it will use shared system memory if it needs to.

But it would be nice to see 512 MB listed in the system information window...

HP Recommended

You have been very helpful. Thank you again -  now I shall sleep easy with the confidence my hp can handle the Market Analyst Software.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.