cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hp Connection Service has stopped working. Do I need this?

HP Recommended

The hp Connection Manager Service frequently stops on my Envy 4-1030. The BIOS is F.13, updated just before I went to Windows 8.

I don't see any ill effects when the service stops. Do I need this? If not, how can I disable this? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,901 16,786
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's just a utility you can choose to use or not and I don't believe it works in Windows 8 anyway.  You should be able to uninstall it in the usual way from the list in Programs and Features.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David,

I always get the same mesage that the connection manager has stopped working on my Windows 7 PC. It has appeared from day one and I have had the computer for about 3 years. I called HP about it back when I only had the computer for about a week, and was told when all the necessary updates completed the connection manager would begin working and that message would no longer appear. Well, clearly that was incorrect info, because the message persists upon startup to this day. There's no ill effects for me either and it goes away as soon as you click ok to ignore, but I do wonder why the software NEVER worked and would it effect my wireless connection if I finally removed it? 

What would've been it's purpose if it ever functioned properly?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation