Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'have notebook hp dv6-2142sl.  The orginal cpu is intel i5 430M.

I wish update cpu with intel i7-720qm ( SLBLY ).

It's possible?

The hp assistence ask me 19 euro to replay my answer( i'm italian ), amazing and lovely hp.

Help me please!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ettoruccio wrote:

Hi,

It's possible?

The hp assistence ask me 19 euro to replay my answer( i'm italian ), amazing and lovely hp.

Help me please!!

Hi,

If the laptop has a nVidia GeForce GT 230M graphics or higher, it should be possible. Part number is 586170-001. You could also use a Core i7-820QM pn# 583053-001.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ettoruccio wrote:

Hi,

It's possible?

Help me please!!

Hi,

If the laptop has a nVidia GeForce GT 230M graphics or higher, it should be possible. Part number is 586170-001. You could also use a Core i7-820QM pn# 583053-001.

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

thank's pepe999

the graphic card is a nvidia 320m, i can upgrade my notebook 🙂

HP Recommended
enyone can link the service manual of my notebook? I have a dv6-2142sl
thanks
Ettoruccio
HP Recommended

@ettoruccio wrote:
enyone can link the service manual of my notebook? I have a dv6-2142sl
thanks
Ettoruccio

It's the same manual as for my dv6-2060ea. Click on Support & Drivers button on the top of this page, then enter the laptop model into the search tray, click next and get the laptop support home page. Make sure that it's the US localisation (see the left bottom corner), it won't show anything on a wrong localisation (will let you choose a different country). When you get the support home page, click on Guides and look for a Maintenance and Service Guide for Dv6 laptops. I can't paste the link on my HP Touchpad.:)

If you choose the UK localisation, use my dv6-2060ea model to get the Maintenance Guide.

HP Recommended
I love you pepe999 🙂
one question: cpu-z show thet the socket of my notebook is socket G 989. I have found a intel i7 720qm ( code SLBLY ). It's compatible with my socket?
I link wikipidia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_G1

that say "there are Socket G/rPGA 989 sockets that can take Socket G1/rPGA 988A or Socket G2/rPGA 988B packaged processors"
It's true?
HP Recommended

@ettoruccio wrote:
I love you pepe999 🙂
one question: cpu-z show thet the socket of my notebook is socket G 989. I have found a intel i7 720qm ( code SLBLY ). It's compatible with my socket?
I link wikipidia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_G1

that say "there are Socket G/rPGA 989 sockets that can take Socket G1/rPGA 988A or Socket G2/rPGA 988B packaged processors"
It's true?

It should work too but I recommend to buy the processor using the part number. According to www.cpu-world.com that cpu can be used in the Socket G1 rPGA988A so the cpu may be used in your laptop (G1 rPGA989).

HP Recommended
you have reason, the best is buy the processor using the part number, but the price is madness. For example amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-583053-001-Quad-Core-i7-820QM-processor/dp/tech-data/B008G43QTY

At ebay I find:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/150978012706?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.