cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kvdh98 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv6-6b50ed black screen

hp dv6-6b50ed
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

When I was working on my hp dv6 the screen fell out. The laptop itself was still running but I got no display. 

I forced the laptop to shutdown, and boot again. This was with no success. I heard de beeps from the cd-drive when there was a cd in it. I tried to connect the laptop to an external monitor. But all the external monitors I've tried said 'no signal'. 

When I remove the RAM and boot the laptop, there are no beeps. The hard drive is running but there will never turn on a screen.

Anyone who knows what's going on?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2365
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv6-6b50ed black screen

Hi @kvdh98

Welcome to HP Forums a great way to get support. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! Thanks for the post.

I understand after the dv6 screen fell out and following this, there is no display on the computer.

Commendable job by hooking the computer to an external screen and checking for a display.

It certainly looks like a hardware issue. Please perform a hard reset and check.

Please perform a hard reset first.

Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.

If this does not work and if your computer comes with 2 RAM slots Swap the RAM modules out one at a time and check if it works on an external display. If it still does not work Please contact phone support to get the unit serviced.

Link for phone support:

hp.com/contacthp

Please keep me informed.

Thanks and have a blessed weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation