Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
juegr Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv6 hp updates error

does anyone know how to fix this error it says update client has stopped working  then it goes off

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
HP Admin
HP Admin
116 2 56
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv6 hp updates error

Hi Juegr,

Run "services.msc" and then locate System Event Notificaion and check it is selected to "Automatic"

then locate "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" and check it is also set to "Automatic" not delayed start

exit services and finally run HP Update. You can change the startup type by double clicking on the service.

billybarrie Tutor
Tutor
20 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp dv6 hp updates error

hi juegr...I didn't get my hp update to work but I went into HP Support Assistant and it has an update feature in it...give that a try...

Scott

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation