Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 521 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Add another 1 to the list HP DV9576ea purchased 18 months ago , now got to try to get this sorted again ( went in for repair for the same problem 9 months ago ) but was covered by warranty then , but not this time 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 12 0 1
Message 522 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have a DV9207us notebook from HP. I purchased from CompUSA on June 3rd, 2007. About 9 months after I purchased my left hinge broke. I sent the laptop back to HP for warranty repair, which they performed. Over the past couple of months I noticed that the hinge seemed to be getting ready to break again. This past Sunday Jun 28th my screen went dark with many small colored dots/lines on it. This happened while I was editing pictures running Windows XP. I have had the system set up for dual boot for about 1 1/2 years, so I tried to boot into Vista. Vista would make it to the screen where I enter my password and then a black screen. My laptop works in Windows XP until I plug the power cord, which according to my local repair shop indicates something with the video card as XP only uses the graphics card when it is plugged in. I have contacted HP for support on several occasions only to be told that my model number is not part of the extended warranty program and that I would have to pay to have it repaired. I cannot afford to pay $400.00 to have my computer repaired and I really need it for school. I will never purchase any HP product ever again, and everyone that I meet will know how awful and immoral of a company HP is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 523 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got dropping my laptop off thats about 20 months old and had a failing screen.  Because I purchased it with a Visa card, they are going to cover all the charges, and better yet, I dont have to send it to HP for weeks at a time, but rather a local shop is going to fix it within a few days.  If anyone used a credit card, you might want to check their extended warrantee policies, its worth a shot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 12 0 1
Message 524 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That's so great. I happy for you. I purchased my laptop with AMEX, but unfortunately I was 26 days over their additioanl 1 year of coverage, so no such luck for me. Do all of us out-of-luckers a favor and keep on HP about this. The really need to take responsibility for this. Also remember to try and keep your laptop cool from now on so the problem doesn't happen again. The cooling pad may or may not work as for most of the 25 months that I have owned my laptop I have used a usb powered cooling pad, which I guess is why mine lasted as long as it did.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
25 22 0 2
Message 525 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am so glad to hear that!  I will check with my husband see what he used to pay for it.  Probably our Capital One credit card.  I know Capital One has lots of benefits, hopefully this will be one.  This would be good news as I plan to take it in to get it fixed anyway.  I actually have been successful at plugging in an external monitor.  This tells me that it appears to be something with the monitor connection, or so I guess.  I am not an IT expert.  However, if an IT expert does happen upon this, I would appreciate your input.  Also, if I hold my monitor in on specific position, it shows up, though it does so with 'squigly lines'.  I purchased my, well my hubbie did, laptop at Office Depot.  I am hoping they will be helpful. 
K
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 526 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Add another DV9500 to the list.

What this appears to be is HP building and selling products designed to fail shortly after the warrantee runs out. The obvious goal of which is to encourage people to purchase "extended warrantees" (umm I'm sorry you either warrantee your product or you don't. You don't CHARGE for a warrantee), or to force them to purchase new laptops every 14-20 months.

I've gotten nothing but the run around from HP on this. The will clearly not stand behind their products. I am now the proud owner of an HP Pavillion DV9500 paperweight.

<text removed, please see Rules of Participation.>

Message Edited by SandyD on 07-02-2009 03:16 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 527 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Something to add, I am active duty US Navy and I purchased my DV9500 at the Navy Exchange on base (base PX). I've already began researching other sailors who have run into this problem. If I find enough who have, I plan to begin a petition to submit to the Commander of the Navy Exchange requesting that they stop selling HP/Compaq products in ALL Navy Exchanges and look for a better quality product with better service to their customers.

Highlighted
Level 3
49 41 0 5
Message 528 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well, they have let me back on with information about a friend who has gotten his 14 month old  9700 repaired by collecting several dozen quotes and links from this "support" forum, adding printed pages from the informational web sites and online magazines noting the HP problem and the actions, and responsibility, being taken by Applew, Dell, and Nvidia to support their customers, sent directly via FedEx to CEO Hurd. My bud received a reply, saying his computer would be fixed at no charge, in the same mail with a box for returning the unit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
69 63 0 4
Message 529 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yeah, I am still waiting for a fix.  They are really jerking me around.  Why is it that we have to go so far to get our products issues resolved when all the facts are public?  Something attorney's are asking now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 530 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I originally posted in May of 2009, page 32, regarding the screen issues and heating problems on my DV9540. I had sent the laptop to HP for repair and they replaced the graphics card. I was charged $300 for the repair.

Just recently, the laptop is beginning to overheat again. It is very hot to the touch near the power button. This is where the graphics card is located. My CPU tempurature is running around 170 degrees farenheit. I'm afraid it will burn my house down if it keeps going.

To make a long story short, I was given a 90 day warranty on the repair. So, I contacted HP chat support again to let them know their repair needed to be repaired again because I was again losing my graphics card. They told me I would have to pay for another repair. I was obviously very angry, yet I found the whole thing amusing at the same time.

They had just charged me $300 to fix a laptop which was faulty to begin with and now they want to charge me to fix it again while still under their warranty. Where do they get these people?

I will be contacting the 1-866-671-7362 after the holiday weekend and chewing someone's overpaid, overeducated arse. I cannot believe they want to charge me again. ROFL....

I can't stand it. HP is too much.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation