Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
49 41 0 5
Message 511 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
 shiningram
The answers are right here in this forum...particularly useful info from page 32 on.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by WendyM on 06-28-2009 09:10 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 512 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sending mine in for repair. I called the 1.866.671.7362 and got someone with a voice that sounded fake. Almost like it was voice recognition response. I have the master card credit card extra year warranty so I might as well use it. Repair charge US$421.00. No convincing this guy that HP has a problem. I had to report it. They had nothing documenting my three previous calls. I'm on the list of bad dv9740.

Maybe we should get Jim Cramer on it. He's been pushing HPQ stock for some time. If he knew the problems HP is avoiding he may have something to say about on National / Cable TV. Like. Don't Buy Don't Buy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
42 39 0 4
Message 513 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

<text deleted>

In a similar vien, mines was repaired (under warranty) back in February, although they didn't send it back to April, along with a plethora or scratches on the lid. Yes, the piano black lid. Was told HP would contact me at the end of May to get a new bezel put onto the laptop.

Still waiting. Bravo HP, bravo.

Message Edited by WendyM on 06-29-2009 11:42 AM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
42 39 0 4
Message 514 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
<text deleted> You would think a multi BILLION corporation would allow us average joes to talk about work arounds to our financial predictment due to these units...
Message Edited by WendyM on 06-29-2009 11:42 AM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 515 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How are we supposed to help ourselves if our genuine attempts to help people out are being removed?

Anyone from the UK requiring GENUINE helpfull advice, feel free to PM me.

Highlighted
Level 3
42 39 0 4
Message 516 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for your help Sticky.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 517 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Add me to the list.  dv9000 "white screen of death"...Called 800 number as mentioned in the thread.  I have been assigned a case worker. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
25 22 0 2
Message 518 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also called the 800 number.  The more of us that does this, the better.  For now, I am able to get my laptop to work by changing position of the screen, raising, lowering, etc.  That seems to make a difference and, once I find the perfect position, it works for a while before 'acting up' again.  I am going to bring my laptop in to the Office Depot, which is where I purchased it.  I am hoping they can fix it for me.  I also don't know if my husband purchased the extended waranty as it was a gift from him.  This sucks!  I do think Office Depot can look it up though so I will try that and see if I can get the repair paid for.  Big lesson learned is to make sure to always get the receipts and put them in a safe place!  Second lesson learned is be wary of HP.  If HP redeems themselves by repairing this, I may considering buying HP again in the future.  But, I will definately get the extended waranty next time! 

Everyone who is having trouble, PLEASE CALL the 800 number.  If enough people have trouble, they will have to add it to the list.  For those of us who have called, we need to follow up.  I am going to call tomorrow and see what their intentions are.  If they don't plan to fix it, I'll have to do it on my own.  Like everyone else, I need my computer! 

K
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 519 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

Firstly some background, I've got a dv97xx model with the Nvidia 8600M GS. I purchased it direct from HP around 14 months ago, so it is out of warranty. If I had a crystal ball, I would have got it with an extended warranty. I've been dealing with HP support for a little over a month now and I always get the same final response, it is out of warranty please take it to your nearest service center, (and we will charge you a weeks salary to fix it with the same faulty parts). I have been told by HP support that only the most commonly affected models are covered under their extended warranty program. I think this is just wrong and completely immoral.

So what can we do? There is quite a lot of replies on this thread and there is also a similar thread over on the business forum, http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1274587. I have noticed that some people, through persitence, were able to get their laptops repaired for free or at a reduced price. However, this is not good enough.

So what can we do as a collective group to get some resolution? I'm not looking to sue or anything like that, I just think that HP should do the right thing by their customer's. Perhaps to HP, the loss of a few thousand laptop users is no big deal. But I'm betting that quite a few of those little laptop users are also IT and business professionals who have some influence, in one form or another, over IT business decisions and spending. If HP don't wake up, this may come back to haunt them. 

There's a ton of websites and articles out there, but it doesn't seem like much will get fixed any time soon. Dell consumers are in a similiar boat, however Dell appear to take notice of their customer complaints. It seems HP couldn't care less.

So any ideas on what we can do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
42 39 0 4
Message 520 of 1,273
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Funnily enough you mention the lack of business's coming back to HP. I spent four months in a lab as part of my degree, during which time my laptop was getting "repaired" by HP for two of these months. The lack of me having access to a laptop at home severly put me at risk of failing the lab section of my degree, and thus I would have had to repeat a year.

As it turns out, the NHS hospital trust of Greater Glasgow has approx 3000 HP PC's in each hospital. There are four hospitals in this trust. Since I have worked with people that are senior managment in the hospital and they know about this disaster, they are going to move to dell, and not take  any more HP PC's, monitors or printers. 

Hmm, lot of money HP have lost there. To be honest, its self inflicted on their part.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation