cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TERWEZA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp elite x2 1012 touchpad suddenly not working

elite x2 1012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

The touchpad on my hp elite x2 1012 suddenly stopped working. I checked the upper left corner and there is no orange light... normally if I double tapped it, it would enable/disable the touchpad. I am not great with computers so googling solutions have been difficult for me to follow.

Please help if you know a solution! Thank you so much 🙂 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Kstudent
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp elite x2 1012 touchpad suddenly not working

Many of the hp elite 1012's are having these issues. I think that there is just poor support for this tablet. It has a great form factor to it but unfortunately it has the worst driver bugs of any computer i've used. The touchpad stops working way too frequently and the keyboard in general takes a long time to wake up and start working. Also the sound is unbearably quiet almost not even useable, my smartphone is roughly 4x louder. I suspect this is also a driver issue

I have not seen any solutions offered by hp to address the following issues

Sound drivers fail

Palm rejection is terrible

touchpad stops working

Pen often stutters, typically requiring reboots and driver tweaks 

HP client security is not removable once installed and will bar you from ever resetting your computer

Long story short we already bought the computer so now were on our own when it comes to the bugs. I recommend that no one buys this computer it has been a horrible and expensive mistake.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation