Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (184 Views)

hp envy 15 x360 backlight

Product Name: HP Envy 15 x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this HP Envy for a little over a year now, and shortly after having it the keyboard backlight just stopped working.  It didn't really bother me until recently, as now I find that I'm in situations where the backlight would be handy.

I've tried restoring the BIOS to the default, and I've tried updating the BIOS.  The designated backlight key also does not work anymore, but its alternate fn command (f5) works.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (168 Views)

Re: hp envy 15 x360 backlight

Ener the BIOS --> System Configuration and check to see what the actionkeys setting is.

If it is  enabled you won't need to press the Fn key to activate the backlight. If disabled, it is required to press the Fn key to activate the backlight.

You can show appreciation or say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up + in the purple box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

I am a volunteer, not an HP Employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (164 Views)

The setting is enabled, pressing fn + f5 refreshes the page, and pressing the backlight key does nothing.

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (156 Views)

[ Edited ]

Didn't you say that "its alternate fn command (f5) works"  in your first post?

Is your notebook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

The notebook will need to be sent in for warranty repair.

You can show appreciation or say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up + in the purple box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (146 Views)

No, it's no longer under warranty. I don't want to deal with sending it off right now, maybe I'll find some local place that can help
Provost
Message 6 of 6 (137 Views)

It could be something as simple as a loose connector that was not properly connected at the factory.

It will certainly require some disassembly to investigate the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation