cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

hp envy 17, hp DVDWBD TS-LB23L does not recognize some dvds

HP Recommended

hp envy 17, i7 cpu,q720 1.6ghz, 6gb ram, 64 bit
os, win 7 home premium, hp DVDWBD TS-LB23L

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
1,506 1,435 149 1,036
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi knola,

Which discs aren't working?

Wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
some blu-ray, some tutorials, some home-made. all legally purchased or made by me
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
1,506 1,435 149 1,036
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

knola, 

A few things I can think of:  There is a troubleshooting document available here.  Some Blu-ray media requires updated decoder software due to encryption.  To get that you'll need to update your blu-ray movie playback software.  There should be an update feature/option in the software.  As for the other media, have you tried it in other drives?

Wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes. I also have an hp pavilion dm4, i5 cpu, m 430 @2.27g, 4 g ram, 64 bit os.  Every dvd/cd i have problems with on the envy, I try on the dm4 and they work fine.(except for the blu-ray, I try that on a home plyayer)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
Level 10
1,506 1,435 149 1,036
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this fix from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us.

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have previously tried that, and tried it again with no luck.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation