cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
adarsh287
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy m6 hinge problem broken

hp envy m6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear friends,

I own an hp envy m6 laptop which is out of warranty. For the past some time, i have been having issues with the hinge of the laptop and one day it suddenly broke. I found out online that it has been a fairly common issue. Kindly guide me as what is to be done to get it repaired.

Thank you,

Dr Adarsh Bhulani

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
19,576 14,911 305 1,163
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@adarsh287

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
adarsh287
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Kevin,

I have not received any response from the HP team. Please do the needful

0 Kudos
SandyK2
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too had the same problem, as do/did 1000's of us!  We are on our own!  HP is not recalling or covering repairs unless you are still under warranty.

You will have to spend anywhere from $100-$200 to get it fixed, which will require the purchase of a new cover with the hinges (I'm talking about the part our hands rest on when typing...that cover).

I am appauled at HP for not covering this defect in their workmanship!  Sad indeed...

Best wishes!!!

0 Kudos
SandyK2
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP is very aware of this defect/issue with the HP Envy's.  I really don't appreciate your "canned" response to all of us!

How about getting HP to cover all these defective hinges!!!  Now that would be worth writing about!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation