cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
slatts7
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

hp envy x2

HP Recommended

My hp envy x2 i can only use the tablet now the keyboard doesnt respond when i dock it no cursor can,t even switch it on or off when it is docked !going insane any help please

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Slatts7,

I understand you are having an issue with the HP Envy x2 not responding with the keyboard. If you follow the first document to download and run HP UEFI Support Environment. It will be diagnostics used to validate if a system is functioning correctly.

If the first document does not fix the issue, the second document provides the HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-119854-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Let me know how this goes.

If you require more assistance I will need the Model number from the computer.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
slatts7
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi i tried you solution but unfortunately no success the screen now shows "Main code of EC got destroyed!update it yes or no"but it won't let me respond either on the keyboard or the touchscreen The laptop part of this pc is now useless i am under warranty will hp provide me with a new base even though i bought it in puerto rico and i now live in the uk

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Slatts7,

This Site allows you to check your warranty status.

You will need to Contact the UK support site.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c01961011&lc=en

Hope all goes well.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Rajni
5 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update BIOS. If issue not solved, then replace MB Docking.

0 Kudos
Rajni
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update BIOS, then Run Recovery media. Your issue will resolved. 

0 Kudos
Max08
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Slatts7!

I havebthe same issue and I bought it in Australia and now live in Sweden. Just got off the phone with customer service and they said they can't help me because it's out of warranty so basically I will not receive any help. How did you go?

The onlymadvice they gave me was to disemble the keyboard part to check the wires to the wifi card to fix the issue with wifi that I also got. Funny thing is that the wifi card sits in the screen part. Absolutely useless!! 

The solution for me will be to use it as a paper weight, never buy HP again and bad mouth the company whenever I can. The most appaling customer service I have ever encountered!!!

0 Kudos
Rajni
5 5 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try to disassemble the NB & reseat all the cables and check. If not, then run recovery media and check.

Thanks

Rajni

0 Kudos
Max08
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks but as I wrote before, the wifi hardware is located in the screen (tablet part) which is glued shut so I'm not going to try to separate it.

When it comes to the 'Main code of EC was destrayed', I have come across plenty of posts from others who have experienced exactly the same thing and HP recalled the unit because of some hardware malfunction.

I can't update the BIOS because the keyboard and mouse are not functioning. HP have been in touch so hopefully they have changed their mind and decided to help me.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Rajni
5 5 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to disassemble the tablet portion with the help of expert technician and check.

Thanks

Rajni

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation