Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lindsi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy x360 keyboard only works for password

hp envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Yesterday I updated my laptop, nothing major that I was notified about...

I used it after and it was fine. I closed it last night and this morning the keyboard will not work. Occasionally it will make a loud tapping noise with each press, that started after about10 minutes of working with it.  I've restarted it multiple times and tried everything GOOGLE has offered me.

The keyboard works for my password at the start, nothing further. 

Its been restarted multiple times between attemps to fix the problem. (This PC is 5 months old).

I'm new to this brand, it may be an easy fix. Any help is appreciated

I may be wrong on the windows 32bit, but it is a 10 for sure!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2785 144 327
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp envy x360 keyboard only works for password

Hi @Lindsi,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the keyboard of your had stopped working after an update.

Please follow the document below for troubleshooting:

Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

Let me know the result of your troubleshooting.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon. If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation