cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RobStuart Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp g62 won't turn on

I added a western digital portable hard rive to my HP g62 laptop this afternoon that uses the USB port to run. After I installed the software and rebooted my laptop I had supper. When I returned to continue using my PC it was off and I can't it to turn on. I had my PC plugged into AC power while all this was going on. Subsequently I removed and reinstalled the battery hoping that this might trigger the system to turn on but unfortunately this didn't work. Does anyone have an idea of what might be the problem.

Rob

E-mail me @ [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Professor
Professor
2472 2431 76 314
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp g62 won't turn on

Hello RobStuart,

I see that you are having problems with your computer turning on, is that correct?

I would like to help with this problem but I need some more information.

Can you provide me with your full model and product number? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

When you try and turn it on do you get any lights on the computer to flash or blink?

Do the fans turn on when you press the power button?

Provide me with this information and I will be happy to help.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation