cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stacy2 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop not turning on

hp

My daughter was using her hp laptop and it just shut down and from that screen goes blank. I press the power button but nothing came from it. Did the battery pull and hold down on the power button but nothing happen. Whenever I plug in the charger there is a white light beside the charge and a orange one on a button that marks f 12 those are the only lights and no sound from the laptop....please tell me what you think is the problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp laptop not turning on

Hi @stacy2,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community!  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process.

Please remember it is important to include your specific model of HP notebook and the operating system. What HP notebook do you have?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  What operating system are you running?

I understand that your daughter's notebook shut down while she was using it.  When you tried a hard reset  the power light and the F12 light lit but the display remained blank.    An auto shutdown can be triggered by hardware or an overheating issue.  Here are some links I think may help: HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset. Please remember to remove all peripheral devices such as USBs, memory cards, printers or additinal displays.   HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating, and  Title: HP Desktops and Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting an Overheating and Auto Shutdown Issue.

Please let me know the outcome.

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them.

To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation