Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mrmangas Student
Student
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 15-ab226na SSD upgrade

hp pavilion 15-ab226na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have hp pavilion 15-ab226na and would like to upgrade hdd to ssd drive. The big question is if I do that myself will I lose the remaining time of warranty? If yes Is there any possibility to ask HP for assistance with this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 15-ab226na SSD upgrade

Here is the Manual:

Manual

Page 49 and the material just before it shows how to access the hard drive area. It is not terribly hard to do but if the laptop is under warranty it does jeopardize it. If the upgrade is done without damage it will not generally affect the warranty. You can contact an HP Service Center in your area but this would be a paid service and they will not install 3rd party hardware so you would have to buy an SSD from HP, which will be above market pricing. However, it would keep your warranty for sure if you have HP do it. A decent computer tech shop will also be able to do it.

Post back if you need any more help.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation