cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CaptK1701 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 2 10-k020nr power port

HP pavilion 2 10-k020nr
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Not positive if is 32-bit or 64-bit. Its listed on my receipt as a HP 2in1 DTCHBL TOUCH Notebook. I bought this 2 years ago, and now my charging port isn't working correctly, I plug in the power cord, but it will not charge correctly, it'll show 95-100%, and then only last about 10 minutes. The battery was re-calibrated and reads as okay, with no problems. The port itself doesn't appear to be tight enough to hold the power cord correctly.  I contacted HP and they say its a part listed as 784417-001 (power/volume/home button board). Is this correct? Or did I just order the wrong part?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17132 17111 1244 1853
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion 2 10-k020nr power port

Hi! @CaptK1701, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have issues with charging port on your laptop.

Thanks for performing the troubleshooting steps.

As you mentioned that you did battery calibration and also you performed a battery test. And the results passed. 

I would suggest you do one last step. Trying updating the BIOS and check if the issue persists.

Link to update BIOS - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70261.exe

The part number for the power port seems to be a valid part. You can order and replace the part.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation