Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FACY Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv6 x64 motherboard

Hi there. Hope everyone is fine.

I have an HP DV6 6104EA Notebook and need to change its motherboard which is with the part number of 650850-001.

Is it possible to replace it with part number 650851-001 which is with higher graphics memory. Please help me out on this one I really need your assisstance.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71790 8670 18668
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are 7 machines use part number 650851-001:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=650851-001

Do you use your machine for test machine. If yes, you can try otherwise use the right part.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
FACY Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I use this machine for gaming like DOTA 2 in the beginning it worked very well but later on as the game kept on updating with new stuff the performance became lower and lower FPS wise,that is why, I want to upgrade it with the same board design but with more dedicated card built in.

So I am just taking a suggestion if that would fit in as the same part like 650850 or I have to make some alterations accordingly.

There was another issue in the motherboard that when its display goes blank like full white screen even windows is running and the game as well and then I have to press the board downword from the CPU side and it shows up so this is the main reason why I am intending to replace it with a new and upgraded version.

Is there any solution to that board what can i do to fix its blank screen issue which I press from the top of keyboard where the processor is fixed..

Please help me out on this one.

Best Regards,

Facy

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation