Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Raven1990 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv7 bios help

HP Pavilion dv7-7030us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, 

2 days ago my laptop was working fine but when i turned it on yesterday it would not load up all it would do is power on a blank screen and the caps lock would flash twice and stop and flash twice again. i looked it up and saw that it was a "bios" problem and to manually fix it was to hold down the windows + b key and turned it on and needles to say it didnt work. i even try to reset it by taking out the battery and holding down the power button to see if that'll help and nope. today i look online to see if theres a way i can fix it but so far all i see is to take it apart to look at the fan or some part near the fan. to be honest i don't feel comfortable taking apart my laptop at all  (i dont mind doing the programing and stuff though) and i was wondering if theres something else i can do to get this problem fixed asap.

please help and thank you :)

2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 183 585
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These will help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

and

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Raven1990 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of those helped. Ive done the b and Windows key combo and nothing happened. When is the computer sapoused to do the beeping? Am I sapoused to turn the laptop on and let it sit there until I hear it (or turn it on and let it sit there until it restarts) ? Or am I sapoused to hold down the windows and b key until I hear it ? I held it down for like 2 minutes.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation