Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dvd-1104AU drivers for Win 7 or win 8.1?

pavilion dvd-1104au
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my laptop is a HP pavilion dvd-1104AU, AMD sempron Sl-42, 2.10 GHZ,
Ram - 3.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)
I have intalled win 8.1, but at times it gets stuck at the windows loading circle screen before reaching the desktop, it does not happen all the time, but atleast 40% of the time. is it because i havent installed drivers? then i did intall win 10,  eventhough it has no issues  getting stuck at loading its extreemly slow, so i installed win 8.1 again.
in the hp website they only have drivers for windows vista. my question is will i be able to install win 7 or 8.1 and use the vista drivers? if not can you recommend a solution for the driver issue, and also an explanation to windows 8,1 getting stuck and freezing at times during booting?
Thanks in advance..
Gihan.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,908
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dvd-1104AU drivers for Win 7 or win 8.1?

Hi@lotusage,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. You stated your product as a DVD-1104au. I think there was an error and should read DV and then a number. Would you please clarify the product number for me. HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  I assume you are currently running Windows 8.1, correct? 

I grasp that you upgraded your notebook from Vista to Windows 8, but when you did the computer was very slow to start. Sometimes it would hang on the loading screen.  You thought it may be because of drivers not being updated. You continued and installed Windows 10, but the installation was very slow, so you went back to Windows 8.1 If there are only drivers listed for Vista and your notebook, then HP has not tested any other operating system on this model.  This does not mean that you cannot upgrade only that the outcome is unknown. You can download the HP Support Assistant and install it to help find compatible drivers as Vista drivers are not likely to work. You could try installing drivers in compatibility mode, that may or may not work.  Compatibility Mode

Here are two links that may help with drives:

HP Notebook PCs - Installing Windows 10

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

You may be interested in this article from  nytimes.com. Windows 10 Upgrade Options for Vista Users  Although the links all say Windows 10 the same will hold true for Windows 8.1.  As you are running Windows 8.1 if the issue with the slow startup remains,, here are links I think may help:

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 😎

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click theThumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation