cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

hp pavillion dv9000 wireless not working

HP Recommended

my wireless has not been working for some time now to the point that i gave up for a while now i have started looking for issues that the laptop have on line and found a few recalls... is this wireless issue one of those recalls or does some one have a solution ... please someone let me know

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,219 113,400 18,263 27,881
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Go to the device manager and under network adapters, see if your wireless card is listed.

If it not, then yes, more than likely, the motherboard communication/connection to the mini PCIe slot that the wireless card is plugged into is shot.

Yes, that was a symptom of a failed motherboard, along with video.

Yes, there was a recall, but the window to file a claim for motherboard repair/replacement has been closed for some time now.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thank you for the reply ... if the recall is expire what do you advice me to do take it to a computer repair place? what do you suggest ? do you think its worth calling hp to see if they will take the repair?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I know it is not the solution you are looking for, but if you want to keep using the notebook, I would get a cheap USB external wireless adapter for it.

I would not spend any money on repairing the notebook. 

The repair entails replacing the entire motherboard and why replace it with another one that may go bad too?

Nope, either get an external USB wireless adapter, or buy a new or refurbished notebook.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sooo, just to verrify, my little brother will NEVER have wifi in his HP Pavilion dv9420us then?

If thats the case, that kinda sucks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the card is not present in the device manager or the BIOS, and you have the HP wireless assistant software installed, that is correct.

The connection to the internal wireless card has been severed and the only solution other than replacing the motherboard would be to purchase an inexpensive external usb wireless card.

Sooo, that does kinda suck, don't it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply!   a whole lot faster than u can expect from HP (the real evil empire. lol)

ok. thats kinda what i figured (being an electronics guru) 😞 

as for the usb idea, i called him and told him the bad news and thats what he plans on.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The dv6000/dv9000 model series were plagued by this issue and other motherboard issues, such as the video and audio going out.

The heat generated by the video chip breaks down the motherboard.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation