cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
isurrender
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

hp powercord recall

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-4080us
Windows 7

Regarding the August 26, 2014 announcement of a recall program on AC power cords for HP Notebook PCs:

On August 7, 2014, my PC Pavilion dv7 stopped working and I took it to Best Buy, where the problem resulted in a bad power cord.  I purchased a replacement power cord for $58.84 at that time.

In December, I received an email from Hewlett-Packard notifing me of the recall program.

I called the contact number to explain that I wanted reimbursed for my power cord, as I'd been forced to purchase a power cord prior to the publication notification.

After being passed around from department to department and given a couple different numbers to call - with no satisfaction, I've turned to this forum for help.

Is it true that I am just stuck?  Even though my power cord was truly faulty, since I needed my cord replaced before HP announced I have to just cover the cost myself?

Has anyone on this forum had this experience?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Isurrender.

Did you buy a POWER CORD or AC ADAPTOR for $58.84???

REO

isurrender
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

REO, thank you for responding.

I bought an Insignia 90W AC adapter and power cord.  The adapter had been hot to the touch for some time before it completely stopped working.

Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,704 44,481 7,172 12,716
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The recall is just for the cord that goes from the brick to the wall. 

0 Kudos
isurrender
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your update.  I suspected that was the case, and since I've already replaced my cord, the recall won't be of any use for me.  Your response cleared up my question.

rick-s
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 386
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Not_justme

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation